We have come up with a different menu for this 4th of July. Check out our Turkey and Quinoa sliders and the Asian Coleslaw. They are both easy to make, healthy and yummy. I have added a picture of the Napa cabbage so it's easy to identify.
Easy to make, healthy and yummy
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or Sunbutter in case of allergies)
- 1 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger root minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 1 each bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 each carrots, small julienned
- 3 sprigs green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce(or Braggs), palm sugar, ginger, and garlic.
In a large bowl, mix the green cabbage, red cabbage, napa cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Toss with the peanut butter mixture just before serving.
You can also add some crushed peanuts for crunchiness and thin julienne spicy peppers for some hotness.