These little snack are packed with nutrients that will boost your energy. They are fun to make, so if you want to involve your kids, they will love these snow balls looking sweets.
Carrot Snow Balls
- 1/2 cup Sunflower spread (I use Sunbutter)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 oz unsweeten apple sauce
- 1 grated carrot (medium)
- 1/2 tps cinnamon
- 1/4 tps nutmeg
- 1/8 tps cloves
- 2 tbps chia seeds
- 1/2 cup your favorite tree nut walnut, pecan, brazil (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweeten coconut
In a food processor add dates chopping them to a small size.
Place sunflower spread, oats, minced dates, applesauce and spices in a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spatula mix well.
Add the grated carrot and nuts until thoroughly mixed. It should be sticky.
Pour unsweetened coconut into a bowl
Roll dough into balls, roll each one in the coconut, and place on a clean cookie sheet and refrigerate.