This recipe is one of my all time favorite’s. I still have not met the student that does not like this dish. They get to prepare their own wrap using the alternative ingredient “lettuce” instead of a corn of flour tortilla. It's also great fun. Give this one a try at home and you will see what I mean!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger-root
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup any fruit you like (mandarins, mango, pineapple, strawberries, etc)
- 1 tablespoon of oriental crispy noodles
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain. Add ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with all your favorite toppings. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up.
570 NE 81st Street
Miami, FL 33138
Call (786) 395-0355