Sweet potato is loaded with vitamins so why not have it as a main dish.
In this recipe we will show you how to dress it up.
However, it is up to if you want to change it by adding just about anything else to it.
Like; black beans, ground turkey, chopped veggies, rice, cooked chicken, etc
Dressed Up Sweet Potato
Baked Sweet potato with seasonings
- 2 sweet potatoes white or gold
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat tasty cheese grated
- fresh basil for garnish
1. Heat oven to 400 D and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Pierce sweet potatoes with a sharp knife a couple of times and cook in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until flesh is soft.
3. When potato is cool enough to touch, cut in half and scoop out flesh.
4. Mash sweet potato and mix with pasta sauce, milk, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion, chopped tomatoes and three-quarters of the grated cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper and divide mixture among sweet potato skins.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, place on oven tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with a little fresh basil.