The Fresh Summer Bean Salad is our version of the classic bean salad, we have added green and sugar snaps beans in a light basil vinaigrette for a twist. It’s light, full filling and packed with proteins and fiber. If you have extra time, try homemade beans instead of canned, you can make them ahead of time and keep them refrigerated, in their liquid for up to 3 days.
Fresh Summer Bean Salad
Servings 6 portions
- 1 cup green beans trimmed, about 8 ounces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh basil plus 2 tablespoons chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 15 ounce dark red kidney beans canned, organic
- 1 15 ounce black beans canned, organic
- 1 15 ounce cannellini beans canned, organic
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Precook the green beans for 2 minutes in hot water. Drain and rinse in cold water. Sliced them lengthwise in halves.
Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup basil, oil, vinegar, honey (or maple), mustard, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Mix all beans together and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped basil