This Homemade Greek Chicken Naan is our version of a Mediterranean pizza made on toasted Naan.This thin Indian flat bread is light and cooks rather quickly. You can find it in an Indian grocery store or in the ethnic area of your local market. If you cannot find it, it’s ok to substitute it for Pita bread. The homemade Hummus, chicken and Feta cheese will be your good proteins and the Aurugula and tomatoes the extra balance between crisp and sweet! Enjoy!
Homemade Greek Chicken Naan (Flatbread)
Servings 6 small portions
- 1 each Naan Bread (for 6 small portions)
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, shredded
- 1 cup Aurugula fresh julienne
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced in halves
- 2 cups chickpeas organic, liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 juice lemon plus more as needed, adjust to taste
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus oil for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon ground Cayenne or Paprika
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water for making Hummus (to be added slowly for a smooth consistency)
For Hummus: put everything in a food processor and gently process, add the water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
For Naan: on a warm skillet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook your Naan Bread for 2 minutes on both sides until lightly toasted. Make sure it doesn't burn.
Once toasted, spread the hummus on top of the Naan, add the shredded chicken, sliced tomatoes, arugula and feta cheese. Warm the Naan again on top of the griddle before serving, cut in 6 pieces and serve!
This recipe makes a great cocktail party snack or a full meal! Add bell peppers, kalamata olives or thinly sliced red onions for extra flavor!