OK, I know..... your kids loves Pop Tarts! So did I when I was a kid. We all know that if your kids love Pop Tarts your kids is going to eat Pop Parts. Right? My question to you is; have you ever looked at the ingredients in Kellogg s Pop Tarts
? You don't have to be a scientist to compare the ingredients below to the ingredients in the Kellogg s product to know which one is more health for your child. At the Real Food Academy we say "We Don't Change the Dish, We Change The Ingredients" and this recipe is a perfect example why!
Ingredients For Pastry Dough:
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 2 Tbsp Baking Stevia
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Plain Chobani
- 1/4 Unsalted Butter Diced at Refrigerator Temp.
- 3 Tbsp Skim Milk
- In a mixer combine flours, Stevia, and salt.
- Slowly add in milk and Chobani
- Beat in butter until thick. (You may have to add more flour if your butter is warm)
- Roll up dough and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
After all the fillings are prepared take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll out into a thin crust. Cut into 2x2in squares. Before you stack the dough make sure to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking.
After all the Pop-tarts are assembled make sure to write down on a piece of paper the flavors and their placements. It makes frosting much easier! Bake the Pop-tarts 13-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
Ingredients For Fillings:
- Blueberry Cobbler : 1 Tbsp Fresh Blueberries, 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- Sweet Peach: 1 Tbsp Peaches Diced, 1 Tsp Brown Sugar (You can use any fruit)
- Blackberry Jam - Sugar Free Smuckers Jam (Use any flavor)
- Banana Cinnamon- 1 Tbsp Thin Banana Slices, Sprinkle Cinnamon
- Apple Pie Oats- 1 Tbsp Quick Oats, 1/2 Tbsp Green Apple Diced, 1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
- Cherry Cream- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cherries Diced, 1/2 Tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese, 1 Tsp Stevia
- Coconut Almond Cream- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut, 1/2 Tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese, 1/2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- Sweet Green Apple- 1 Tbsp Green Apple Dices, 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
Ingredients For Icing on the top:
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant pudding mix (any flavor)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
Instructions for Icing:
Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using electric mixer at low speed, mix til pudding is dissolved. Increase speed and whip until it is spreading consistency.