Can you think of something more refreshing than a melon salad in a hot summer day? The sweetness, citrus and saltiness from this combination makes this dish very satisfying. I choose Bulgarian Feta over Greek because of the law content of sodium. But again its a matter of choice.
Melon Ribbons Salad With Blackberries and Feta
Fresh green and orange melon salad mixed with blackberries and feta cheese.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 shallot small and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 green melon halved
- 1/2 orange or yellow melon halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces Feta Cheese Bulgarian, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons chives snipped
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, preserved lemon and crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
Using a peeler cut long ribbons of green and orange melon.
Mix with the blackberries on a platter.
Drizzle the dressing over the fruit.
Garnish the salad with the feta and snipped chives and serve.