Rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber, pears may help with weight loss and reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. Combine them with cabbage, toasted sunflower seeds and our citrus dressing for a perfect Spring Salad.
Pear, Carrot & Cabbage Chopped Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 10 each
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups shredded carrots 3-4 medium
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 large green Bosc pear chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds lightly toasted
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt, cinnamon and cumin in a large bowl.
Add carrots, cabbage, pear, cilantro and sunflower seeds; toss to combine with the dressing.
Season with pepper. Serve with lime wedges, if desired