Power Energy Balls are one of my favorite new discoveries! One of the great challenges we face as parents are what to give our kids that will satisfy their palate while at the same time offer nutritional value? Parents ask me all the time; what can I give my kid as a tasty dessert that's not filled with sugar?
Here's what I love the most about this recipe.
- It's simple.
- It's super healthy.
- Your kids will love it, and
- It's a great recipe to do with your child.
- Easy to substitute ingredients to suit your taste (see below)
Power Energy Balls
- 1 cup oatmeal (dry)
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes (toasted)
- 1/2 cup butter (nut butter)
- 1/2 cup flax-seed (ground) or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.
Store in an airtight container.
- chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
- dried berries (cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
- other grains (different kinds of oatmeal, rice cereal, etc.)