Fresh raw vegan Key Lime Pie will have your guests raving! Have all of the benefits of the raw Cashews, fresh Limes and Coconut Oil for dessert!
Raw Key Lime Pie
Servings 12 each
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 4-6 hours (or overnight), then drained
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk well shaken
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3-4 cup large limes or 6-7 key limes
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted butter and pulse to combine.
Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down with a glass or spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and set aside to cool.
Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend on high (or liquify) until creamy and smooth.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tart, or more agave for added sweetness.
Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Top with a bit more lime zest and loosely cover.
Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving.
Will keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Top with Coconut whipped cream for extra flavor!