This is dish was create for the senior chefs of our Saturday kids cooking class.
Here they learned an easy and healthy way to stuffed boneless chicken breast.
Crispy Chicken Florentine Roll Ups
Stuffed boneless chicken breast with cheese and spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch (or similar-size 3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mash spinach, cream cheese (1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and garlic powder with a fork in a medium bowl until well combined)
3. Place chicken cutlets on a work surface. Sprinkle both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the spinach mixture in the center of each cutlet. Roll up the chicken around the filling and secure each roll-up with 2 toothpicks;
4.. Fill one mixing bowl with the flour, another with the whisked eggs, and a third with the panko, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly combine the panko mixture.
5. Dredge each chicken roll u piece in the flour, until evenly coated, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally in the panko mixture, pressing the panko gently against the chicken to thoroughly coat.
6. Place the chicken on an oven-safe rack on a sheet pan, and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through