If you enjoy the traditional Hummus, adding peanut butter instead of the traditional Tahini paste, gives it a Southern twist. You can substitute de from sunflower seeds if you are allergic to nuts. If you don't have time to cook your own garbanzo beans from scratch just choose only the best quality boxed product. Choose organic and low sodium. Make sure you rinse and drain the beans as much possible before using.
Mashed or processed garbanzo beans with peanut butter, lemon and garlic spread.
Servings 2 people
- 1 lemon
- 1 chickpeas rinsed and drained, 15-ounce can organic and low sodium
- 1/4 cup peanut butter organic or use Sunbutter if allergic to nuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 4 pita or flatbreads toasted and cut in triangles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup peanuts
Add all the ingredients to a food processor or a blender.
Slice the lemon in half and use a reamer to juice it then pour it into a food processor or a blender. Add the water for a smooth consistency.
Add Garnish and serve with toasted pita or flatbread