We all love a good breakfast casserole but feel too guilty afterwards! Here's a recipe that you may want to consider preparing on a Sunday or a rainy day. Using sprouted Ezekiel (Flax or Sprouted 7 Grain) spinach and avocado would add nutrients into this delicious dish and you'll be a bit less guilty.
Sprouted Bread Bake with Avocado
A bake using healthy alternatives like, spinach, avocado and sprouted bread
Servings 12 servings
- 10 eggs divided (make sure you buy organic ones)
- 2 cups milk lactose free
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon nitrates & hormones free
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese finely shredded
- 10 slices Ezekiel sprouted bread toasted cut in chunks
- 1 10oz Spinach chopped, frozen thawed and drained
- 1 avocado sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Cook bacon on the oven until brown Drain/wipe fat from pan.
Chop bacon in small pieces and set aside.
Separate 4 egg whites and add them to 4 whole eggs, whisk with milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
Spread spinach into the bottom of the prepared baking pan; top with bacon, toasted bread chunks, pour egg mixture and sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese and Asiago cheese over egg mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
In a small skillet cook the remaining 2 egg one a time.
Remove egg mixture form the oven and add the 2 fried eggs on top of egg mixture.
Garnish with the sliced avocado. Serve hot.