This is a quick recipe that you can play with by adding 1 or 2 cups of vegetables instead of the chicken. Combine sprouts, cabbage, snap peas right at the end with the mushrooms and other veggies.
Stir Fry Veggies and Chicken
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine home made
- 3/4 cup chicken broth homemade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, boneless skinless, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced peeled fresh
- 3 cups broccoli small fresh
- 1/4 each bell pepper julienned style, any color
- 1 each carrot peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mushrooms optional
- 1 cup onions julienned
Cook linguine for 10 minutes in boiling water, drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine broth, soy, vinegar, pepper and cornstarch in a bowl. Heat a wok or heavy skillet over high heat. When very hot, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
Add remaining oil, onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add broccoli, mushrooms and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes.
Add soy mixture and chicken, stir well, and cover.
Lower heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
Toss with linguine and serve.