Guilt free and light strawberry cupcakes, this is the perfect recipe for mini shortcakes.
Servings 12 Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour, unbleached (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of finely chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 36 each strawberries sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper or foil liners. Set aside.
DRY INGREDIENTS- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
WET INGREDINTS- In another bowl, combine strawberries, oil, eggs, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, and mix just until combined (do not overmix).
Divide batter evenly among cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 16-20 minutes
When cupcakes cool down, horizontally slice each one in 3 and stuff with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.