The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
PHOTO and VIDEO POLICY: The Real Food Academy may from time to time take and display photos or video of children or adults in classes in printed materials, social media or on the web for the purpose of promoting the class and/or The Real Food Academy. Please note there is no compensation for the use of yours or your child’s likeness in any of our materials. Please indicate to us in writing if you do not wish to have your child photographed or videotaped.
NOTE: The above paragraph does not apply to any organization booking a Field Trip. If any video or images are taken at a field trip, they will be for internal training purposes only and for the exclusive use of The Real Food Academy. No video or images taken by The Real Food Academy during field trips will be published anywhere.
All Payments and Deposits are non-refundable: When a payment or deposit is made, that day and time is no longer available on our calendar. For that reason all payments and deposits are non-refundable.
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
COOKING WITH KIDS, LLC d/b/a The Real Food Academy., a Florida limited liability company (“The Real Food Academy”) recognizes its obligation to make our students, and for minors, their parents (or legal Guardians) aware of the risks and hazards associated with the preparation, cooking, and handling of foods. Kitchens and cooking equipment can be dangerous and may lead to minor or serious injuries. Students and parents (or legal guardians) should make themselves or their children aware of the possibility of injury and should take care to follow, or encourage their children to follow, all the safety rules and instructions.
In exchange for participation in classes or cooking activities at The Real Food Academy facilities, or in any events or special programs with The Real Food Academy, or while traveling to or from an event organized by The Real Food Academy, and/or the use of the property, facilities and services of The Real Food Academy, I agree for myself and/or for my child/children to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by The Real Food Academy, its employees, representatives or agents.
2. With the above in mind and being fully aware of the risks and possibilities of injuries involved with the above described activity, I consent to have myself or my child/children participate in the programs offered by The Real Food Academy and hereby assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and/or my child/children, and further release and discharge The Real Food Academy for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of The Real Food Academy, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, The Real Food Academy or other third parties.
3. I agree to indemnify and defend The Real Food Academy and its owners, managers, officers, directors, affiliates and operators against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon The Real Food Academy’s facilities, including but not limited to any activity involving preparation, cooking, or handling food, or in the course of any event or program in which I or my child/children may participate with or on behalf of The Real Food Academy or while traveling to or from an event with The Real Food Academy.
4. I agree not to bring any type of suit, claim, or complaint, in law, equity, or through an administrative agency, for costs, expenses, principal, interest, fees or otherwise, against The Real Food Academy, its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries or affiliates with respect to the preparation, cooking, or handling of food at The Real Food Academy facilities, or in any event or program with The Real Food Academy, or while traveling to or from an event with The Real Food Academy.
5. As for myself and/or as the legal parent or guardian, I hereby release and hold harmless The Real Food Academy, its owners, managers, officers, directors, affiliates and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, and/or my child/children, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of The Real Food Academy, its owners, managers, officers, directors, affiliates and operators or when in transit to or from any of said premises.
6. The Real Food Academy and its staff members shall not be held responsible for injuries sustained by any student during the course of preparation, cooking, or handling of food, or in the course of any activity or program in which she/he may participate or while traveling to or from an event with The Real Food Academy.
7. I also affirm that I now have and will continue to provide proper hospitalization, health and accident insurance coverage which I consider adequate for my and/or my child’s protection and my own protection. I also understand that it is my responsibility to inform myself about the dangers of cooking and possible injuries, and to warn my child or children about the dangers of cooking and possible injuries. As such, I shall be required to inform myself or warn my child or children according to what I feel is appropriate. The Real Food Academy may supplement such warnings through additional instructions or warnings.
8. I give permission to The Real Food Academy, its owners and operators to seek medical treatment or attention for my child in the event The Real Food Academy is not able to reach me or my emergency contact, as may be required by the circumstances, including without limitation, that of a licensed medical physician and/or a hospital. In the event of an emergency, I request that my doctor/physician be called and that I or my child be transported to our designated hospital. Our Physician’s phone number shall be provided to The Real Food Academy.
9. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Florida law. Venue shall be Miami-Dade County, Florida.
10. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if desired. I acknowledge that The Real Food Academy has offered to refund any fees that I have advanced to use its facilities (for services not rendered) if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
11. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
12. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in Miami-Dade County and administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
Saturday classes are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Please keep an eye on your inbox. Any cancellations will be communicated to you via email by 2 PM on the Friday before the class. A credit will be given for a future class.
Participation in a the Real Food Academy class may involve student use of cooking equipment and tools in a busy environment. It is understood and expressly agreed to by the Parent (or student) that by making payment for (including the redemption of a gift certificate or volunteering) and/or by participating in the class, the Parent / Student releases, indemnifies and hold harmless Maria T Cummins, the Real Food Academy LLC, staff and contractors, from any and all liability of any kind for any damages and/ or injuries incurred in connection with the students attendance at a class/event and understands and accepts the risks inherent in the preparation, cooking and eating of food with other people in the kitchen. In order to ensure the safety of our students and staff we reserve the right to refuse and deny our services. In addition, it is the parent’s responsibility to fully disclose any and all food and environmental allergies prior to class. It is also understood that the Real Food Academy LLC, has permission to use class photos on the the Real Food Academy website and in promotional material unless the parent request otherwise in writing.
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. The the Real Food Academy store and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders at its discretion, including, without limitation, if the Real Food Academy store believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of the Real Food Academy store and its subsidiaries.
All information submitted by you will be held in strictest confidence by our company. Our first concern for your child is their safety and any information that you feel we should know about food allergies or medical conditions should be reported to us. PHOTO and VIDEO POLICY: the Real Food Academy may from time to time take and display or otherwise use photos or video of children in classes in printed materials or on the web for the purpose of promoting the class and/or the Real Food Academy. Please note there is no compensation for the use of your child’s likeness in any of our materials. Please indicate to us in writing if you do not wish to have your child photographed or videotaped.
Please be considerate to the other students in the class. Do not send your child to class if they have had a fever or diarrhea in the past 24 hours. If they have an active cough and frequently need to blow their nose, it is also recommend that they not attend the Real Food Academy reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment or instructor illness. Families will be contacted and either a full refund or credit towards another class will be issued. When a class becomes full, your name will be added to a waiting list. If an opening becomes available, you will be contacted. Please be sure that we have your phone number and e-mail address so that we will be able to reach you.