This vegan creamy tomato soup is prepared with cashew cream. This recipe became mine and my husband's favorite soups. I usually make a double batch and freeze some for later.
The Best Non-Dairy Creamy Tomato Soup
This vegan tomato soup is so creamy....that no one will know there's no HEAVY CREAM in it!
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chooped
- 1/2 cup red onion small diced
- 1 small jalapeno (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup basil same some for the garnish
- 1 tps dry italian seasoning
- 1/2 tps turmeric
- 1 small bay leave
- 1 ½ quarts vegetable broth you can use water too
Cashew Cream Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cashews soked for at least 4 to 6 hrs
- 2 tbps Water
In a medium sauce pan saute the onion in the olive oil along with the crushed garlic.
Once the onion become translucent, add the tomatoes, the zucchinis, jalapeno, basil, Italian seasoning, turmeric pepper, and sea salt. Saute for a minute or two
Add the broth and turn stove to medium heat and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
Working in batches add the vegetables and broth to a blender.
After all the ingredients are thoroughly blended, transfer back to the pot and bring to boil for a few minutes.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Once the soup is done cooking, add half of the cashew cream to the soup and mix well. Save some cream and basil to garnish the soup.