Pasta with Sicilian Pesto
This combination of mint and basil with refreshing cherry tomatoes make a great version of Pest Sauce.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups Pasta (cooked) gluten free or a pasta of your choice
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil about 2 cups
- 1 bunch mint about 2 cups
- 1 lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon capers washed and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup almonds peeled or you can use sliver almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled (salted ok)
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Mix it all together in a food processor the garlic, basil, mint, pistachios and almonds and add a trickle of olive oil.
Then add tomatoes as well and chop fine.
Pour into a glass tureen and mix, adding the Parmigiano Reggiano and pecorino cheese.
Adjust for salt, pepper and oil.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, drain it “al dente” and pour it into the bowl with the sauce.
Stir well and serve.
NOTE: Reserve some pasta water to add to your pesto sauce so it becomes a little less thick.