Wondergrain Stir-Fry Recipe
Ancient and healthy Old World Grain
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 each red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots matchsticks
- 2-3 each bell pepper finely sliced, assorted medium size
- 1 cup mushrooms finely chopped assorted
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash red peppers crushed *optional
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups cooked Wondergrain (Pearled or Whole Grain)
- 1 cups cabbage purple and green, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 4-6 stalks green onion thinly sliced
Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl in pan to coat.
Add red onion, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add the vinegar, sugar and season with salt to taste.
Add Wondergrain, cabbage, peas and quick saute until almost tender.
Drizzle the Aminos, and add the green onions.
Serve hot and enjoy.