Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time33 mins
Servings: 3 dozens(small)
- 1 cups unbleached organic flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour organic
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened, 1 stick
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 each egg
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended. Add flour mixture & chocolate chips and beat on low speed until combined. Bake over oiled parchment paper.
Bake until just golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and then decorate as desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.