Carrots Apple Muffins
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 24 small muffins
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 each eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour organic
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour organic, unbleached
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a 12-hole muffin pan.
Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and ginger.
Add in the grated carrot and apple sauce and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining (dry) ingredients.
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fill the muffin holes 3/4 of the way up and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the muffin and it comes out clean.