Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells
Servings: 8 small servings
- 20 each jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbs large egg or 1flaxmeal mixed with 2water
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups marinara sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
Pre cook pasta to al dente, drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.Add the garlic and cook about a minute or two. Add the marinara sauce and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes. Add shredded basil and reserve.
In a mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
Pour 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a shallow 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with a generous amount of the ricotta mixture and place in the baking dish.
Cover with the remaining sauce and bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm with a dusting of Parmesan.