What would happen if you served Zucchini, Carrots and Quinoa to your kids? Maybe you'll find some resistance...I'll give you an idea - hide them in these sliders! Served on whole wheat slider buns, with or without cheese, your kids will keep asking for more. This recipe is super beneficial since it carries all of the antioxidants in the carrots, the quinoa and the tomato. By consuming antioxidants, you help your body to get rid of the free radicals that cause damage on your cells. So go ahead and have a slider!
Zuchinni Turkey & Qunioa Sliders
Your kids will keep asking for more
Servings 8 sliders
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey 95-percent
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots *if organic there's no need to peel them
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini *if organic there's no need to peel
- 2 tablespoons ketchup organic
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium is best, can also be Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 each egg organic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
In a large bowl, mix together turkey, quinoa, onions, carrots, zucchini, ketchup, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, salt, thyme and egg until well combined.
Shape turkey and quinoa mixture into 8 balls, larger than a golf ball.
In warm saute pan, add the grape seed oil and cook the patties for 3-5 minutes in each side.
Make sure that they are cooked all the way through, if you have to cut one to make sure, go ahead!
Serve in a whole wheat slider bun. Fixings are optional!