The dish that can be a breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack! Serve as a side dish with Salad or Gazpacho. As always you can play with the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables and herbs!
Easy Vegetable Frittata
Servings 20 Servings
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cups vegetables, fresh, small diced (broccoli, mushrooms, peppers)
- 1 cup red potato cooked, 1/8" sliced
- 1/2 each onion, small diced optional
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced optional
- 1-2 tbsp fresh herbs and spices of your choice parsley
- 1 pound eggs whites
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice optional
- 1 tsp turmeric, powder
- 1/2 tspn Paprika
- 1 tspn salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile in an oven-safe pan, saute the onion and garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
After about 3 minutes add the remaining oil and your choice of vegetables. Start with the denser vegetables like potatoes then add in the other veggies. Saute the vegetables over medium heat for about 5 minutes (I like mine still crisp).
Season the vegetables with salt and herbs (oregano, paprika or cumin).
Whisk the eggs together then pour the eggs over the vegetables, making sure they spread evenly over the veggies.
Now place the saute pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or you can continue to cook over the stove on medium low for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with Pesto sauce or Salsa!