This is a great way to have your kids eat their veggies, building a salad skewer pattern can be a lot of fun, not to mention it makes a great presentation for your guests. Other ingredients can be added like, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, etc.
Salad Skewer ona Romaine Boat
Cut vegetables, cheese and bread on a skewer served inside a Romaine lettuce, drizzled with your favorite dressing.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs mozzarella cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pint red cherry tomatoes 1 cup
- 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes 1 cup
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves fresh
- 1 /2 loaf country bread french bread works too cut in 1 inche cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce whole
- 1/2 cup salad dressing you can use your foavorire one!
Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; sprinkle with olive oil and crushed garlic.
Place in single layer on cookie sheet.
Bake for 5 minutes on a 350 degrees, turning croutons until lightly browned and crisp.
Remove from cookie sheet to plate or cooling rack; cool.
On each wooden skewer, thread cheese cubes, tomatoes, basil leaves and croutons.
Served inside a whole romaine leave and drizzle with your favorite salad dressing.