So many times parents tell me " I don't know how to cook". I think in many cases they just do not realize how simple cooking can be. This recipe is a great example of a simple and delicious recipe. Please try this one with your kids. Look at all the ingredients they will have a chance to measure. They will love it and so will you. Chef Maria
Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
- 3 cups white chicken stock
- 1 tsp lime rind (grated
- 1/4 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tbsp lemongrass (pealed and chopped) fresh is best
- 2 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger (pealed and minced) fresh is best
- 1/2 tsp thai chile (chopped seeded)
- 1 pound chicken breast (cut in bite sizes) skinless and boneless
- 1 can coconut milk (light)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped) fresh is best
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat; stir in chicken and coconut milk.
Cook 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
Sprinkle with cilantro.