If you have leftover chicken, make this refreshing salad with tropical mangoes, tomatoes and cucumbers.
You can have your little ones helping to shred the Romain lettuce and the chicken. This can be a fun family bonding time!
Island Chicken Salad
Shredded chicken sliced cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and a homemade vinagrette
- 8 cups chopped or torn romaine lettuce
- 2 small mango peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 lb leftover chicken skin removed, shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves Optional
Combine lettuce, mango, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion and chicken in a serving bowl.
Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, sugar, salt and pepper, and drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.