Low sodium, high in fiber and full of hearty vegetables, this recipe is ideal for a cold day. Its easy to make, in just 30 minutes enjoy this classical recipe our way! Remember; We don't change the dish, we change the ingredients! Enjoy!!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onions minced (about 1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans cut into bite size
- 1/4 cup celery minced, about 1/2 stalk
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced, about 2 cloves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can red kidney beans drained, 15 ounce
- 1 can great northern beans drained, 15 ounce
- 1 can tomatoes crushed, 14 ounce
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups hot water or vegetable stock
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach or kale
- 1/3 cup small shell pasta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Sauté onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add spinach or kale and pasta and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until desired consistency.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese.