This is a great way to swap the butter on your toast for avocado, which is a healthy fat and take will take your toast to another level. This mouthwatering recipe can be eaten for breakfast, lunch of afternoon snack. Adding kale will make it even more nutritious and will add texture to the spread.
A delicious take on avocado toast with kale.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 whole Grain bread (I use Ezekiel bread, foundthe frozen section of a healthy market))
- 2 avocado large
- 4 kale leaves stalk removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil reserved
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes about 8 sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped and reserve some for garnish
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced for garnish
- salt to taste
- red crushed pepper optional
- olive oil for drizzling
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the chopped kale and using your hands massage it for a few minutes until kale is nice a soft. Set aside.
Toast the bread.
Take one of the avocados and mashed it.
Add the lime juice, the soft kale, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Spread over the toasts.
Cut the second avocado in half and remove the peel, placing each half on the cutting board, sliced then into 1/8 inch wide.
Using a knife blade pick up the sliced avocado and divide equally among the toasts, placing it on top, creating a double layer of avocados.
Top each slice with a drizzle of olive oil, crushed red pepper if using, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced red onions, and cilantro. You can also add a sprinkle of salt and lime juice if you like.