A simple version of our Gluten free muffins, this recipe was adjusted to accommodate those costumers that don't have access to almond and brown rice flours(use unbleached, organic flours instead.)
Carrots Apple Muffins
Servings 24 small muffins
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 each eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour organic
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour organic, unbleached
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a 12-hole muffin pan.
Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and ginger.
Add in the grated carrot and apple sauce and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining (dry) ingredients.
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fill the muffin holes 3/4 of the way up and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the muffin and it comes out clean.