Great alternative to Pizza. This is a kids approved version of our flat breads, for a more sophisticated palate you can add Kalamata olives, Feta Cheese, Aurugula pesto and Artichokes.
Homemade Greek Chicken Flatbreads
Kids approved version
Servings 12 flatbreads
- 1 each Whole wheat pizza dough enough for 12 portions
- 3/4 pounds chicken breast cooked, shredded
- 1 each cucumber seeded, diced
- 2 cups Spinach fresh, julienned
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup flour for dusting
Separate dough in 12 portions and dust your table with flour. Roll each dough to a 1/8 thickness. With a pizza cutter, cut each flatbread dough to the same size, about 4 inches in diameter. You can use a ring mold to guide you.
Have all your vegetables and cheese ready.
In a warm skillet, toast your flat bread. Do the first side and after flipping to the other side add the cheese, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes.
Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn.
* You can also bake this flatbread for 5 minutes at 350F