Last nights favorite! There are many variations to Queso Fundido or Spicy Melted Cheese, I've seen it served with Jalapeno, chorizo and many other mixings. Our Vegan version will knock your shoes off!! Serve it with organic tortilla chips and enjoy!
Vegan Queso Fundido
Servings 4 servings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 each large red bell pepper without the seeds and rough chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked 2 hrs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of miso optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or sriracha
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos for garnish
Soak the cashew nuts for at least 2 hours, this will help to soften the nuts to make a smooth, creamy sauce. Drain and rinse when ready to use.
In your blender combine; red bell pepper, water and lemon juice. Blend till the pepper is well liquefied.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Store in the fridge in an air tight sealed container for up to 4-5 days